Friday 25 March 2011

Search UK, USA and Irish Newspaper Articles from 1785

I have recently subscribed to a  number of services that give me access to Newspaper Archives dating back to 1785, information at my finger tips which could prove valuable to your Family Research.

Times Digital Archives

Full text and look of paper from 1785-1985 including advertisements. Searchable.

Guardian/Observer archive

The full, searchable text of The Manchester Guardian (1821-1959), The Guardian (1959 to date) and Britain's oldest Sunday paper, The Observer (1791 to date). Nearly 220 years of history 

Newsbank

Read an article you missed - full text of the main UK papers including tabloids, the Economist, and some Irish and US papers. From 1998 up to a few days ago.
Did you know – Funeral Notices placed in these newspaper reveal information about your family and their relatives.
If you have something for me to search, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment